WHY DELIVERANCE COACHING? There is a spirit of FEAR and of DECEPTION sweeping our globe!
In the 20 years I have done deliverance coaching and have coached others how to be delivered, I have never seen so many people seeking deliverance (spiritual freedom) from fear, anxiety, depression, heaviness, sleep issues, discord, division, despair, and countless other spiritual oppressions, largely rooted in our current global situation.
“And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.”
The Greek word for sorceries in this verse is pharmakeia.
“Pharmakeia” in Strong’s Concordance is “the use of medicine, drugs, or spells.”
John 10:10: The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
To have a life (an anointed journey) that is truly abundant and FREE, it is necessary to look at spiritual FREEDOM as well as wellness, medical and religious freedom, travel, finances, family, and all the other things that most people value.
- Have you ever been tormented by obsessive thoughts of self harm or suicide? Depression for no apparent reason? Anxiety? Bad dreams?
- Do you have difficulty sleeping, or losing weight even when eating right and exercising?
- Do you ever feel like gossip, conflict, accusation, fear, or rejection follow you?
- Have you dabbled in voodoo, witchcraft, Wicca, and other occult practices? (horoscopes, palmistry, spirit guides, smudging, Reiki, talking to the dead)
- Do you have health problems or symptoms that doctors cannot explain? Addictions? Obsessions? Heaviness?
- Do you have ancestors or family members who have murdered, stolen, committed adultery, or been members of secret societies?
- Have you been a victim of a trauma, rape, molestation, or adultery?
- Do you struggle with bitterness, anger, fear, pride, arrogance, lying, fantasies, legalism, lack/poverty, or self righteousness?
- Do you sometimes see spirits or orbs in your home or in your photographs?
- Do certain antiques, family heirlooms, or gifts from others give you uneasy feelings?
- Have you had strange or fluke accidents, illnesses, injuries, or calamities that make no sense?
- Do you see recurring themes or disturbing addictions or behaviors that seem to “run in the family” lines?
- Do you see demons, apparitions, often out of the corner of your eye, looking through windows or in mirrors?
- Have you experienced sleep paralysis, feeling that a demon or entity is holding you down or watching or stalking you?
- Have you experienced sexual demonic dreams or experiences, dreams of lust where the person changes into a demon (sometimes referred to as shape-shifting) or demons having sex with you in dreams?
- Have you experienced repeated nightmares or night terrors, often being chased, choked, drowned, raped or of astral projections in dreams?
- Do you see or look for repeated numbers constantly that you might think are from angels or messages from God: 1111, 1212, 444, 666, and others?
- Do you have intense fears or phobias such as of spiders, frogs, heights, bridges, driving, leaving the house?
- Do you have emotions that are out of control: outbursts, lashing out, rage, hate, crying, defensiveness, fear, distrust, jealousy?
- Do you struggle with cursing God, blaming God, taking God’s name in vain, blaspheming of the Holy Spirit?
- Do you struggle with intense feelings of rejection, of being unworthy, unlovable, distrust, easily offended, avoiding people?
- Do you struggle with intense fear or thoughts of dying, illness, disease?
- Do you struggle with dark or evil presences: feeling that someone is watching you, things open/close/turn on/turn off when nobody is there, things move or levitate in house, overwhelming fear of being alone or in a room or home, pets growl or bark for no reason, things breaking or being destroyed for no reason, bone-chilling cold spots in room or home?
- Do you experience strange sensations in body: feeling of hair, spider webs, crawling sensation, ear ringing, or flashes of light or shadows, sensation that someone has touched your head or shoulder, arms, or back when nobody is there, ice pick-like stabbing pains, repetitive muscle twitches?
- Do you experience unexplained scratches or bruises on the body that have no medical origin?
- Do you experience a spiritual void or feeling distant from God; find it hard to read the Bible, praise, or understand scripture, sleepy/confused/distracted/restless in church or when praying?
- Have you experienced poltergeist occurrences in home or vehicle: things knocked over, things fly through air, scratching/banging/slamming of doors/walls, electronic failure, people or pets knocked down, lights turn off on their own?
- Have you experienced out of body experiences such as levitation, astral projection?
- Have you experienced strange and reoccurring electrical experiences: feeling electricity in body or brain, shocking others or electronic equipment or lights, recurring electronic failure of computers, cell phones, appliances etc?
- Have you experienced abnormal voice sounds: sounding like a person of the opposite sex, or of a child or someone you know or don’t know?
- Have you experienced strange, non-medically related eye issues: abnormally large or dilated pupils, strange colors or all black eyes, eyes roll back and show only white, eyes look like a snake with slits?
- Have you experienced a putrid stench, rotting flesh, burning sulphur or flesh, familiar perfumes from deceased relatives or friends?
- Have you been challenged by strife that is ongoing in home or relationships: repetitive fights, conflict, discord, things breaking down constantly or being lost or disappearing, lying, abuse, addictions, odd pestilences in the home or infestations of rats, flies, gnats, lice, or other pests or unexplained sudden mold growth, cold spots in the home?
- Do you wrestle with patterns of addiction: drugs, porn, masturbation, alcohol, gambling, food, gaming, sugar, shopping, caffeine, avoidance, workaholic, perverse sexual acts or obsessions: constant/obsessive masturbation, fornication, fantasies, adultery, pornography, voyeurism, prostitution?
- Do you struggle with pride and idolatry issues: cannot handle constructive criticism or correction, argumentative, narcissism, ego, vanity, unforgiving, never admitting faults or mistakes or apologizing, obsessed with the mirror, never enough plastic surgery or takes constant selfies, vain, boasting, seeks adoration and worship, attention-seeking?
- Are you extremely shy or socially inept or fearful: isolated, cowardly, doormat, cannot set boundaries, timid, insecure?
- Do you have an obsession and fascination or preoccupation with the Occult: paranormal, new age, ghosts, Halloween, Day of the Dead, dragons, skulls, dark demonic entities, aliens, UFO’s, King Tut, dark fantasy, dark humor, dark movies/music/make-up/costumes, graveyards, Sasquatch, Loch Ness Monster, Vampires, Zombies, end time doom and gloom, transgenders, transvestites, focus on conspiracy theories rather than God?
- Do you deal with cyclical problems: e.g. always breaking down on the way to church or having an argument, throwing up or getting sick or nauseous every time you go to a certain place or come in contact with a certain person, every holiday being ruined, getting sick the same time every year, being awoken at the same time every night?
- Have you experienced unexplained camera or electronic malfunctions that do not have a normal cause?
- Do you have flocks of crows that follow you or are unusually attracted to your property?
- Do you experience frequent falling pictures, art, or wall hangings, for no apparent reason?
- Do you see frightening images projected on walls?
- Do you experience hair standing on end, with no normal reason present, no static electricity?
- Have you experienced hovering wisps of fog, glitter, or orbs?
- Have you seen images or sounds coming from a TV that is not turned on?
- Did you or do you have imaginary friends or playmates (often with children)?
- Have you expereinced items disappearing/appearing in homes/vehicles, with no normal explanation?
- Have you ever seen or felt a person riding on your back or on others’ backs?
- Have you experienced ripping of clothes repeatedly when there is no logical explanation?
- Have you had toys or mechanical toys move or turn on without reason?
- Do you experience yawning or falling asleep when not appropriate and not caused by narcolepsy or a medical condition?
- Have you ever seen x-ray images/skeletons that are often green or dripping with blood?
If you answered yes to any of these, you are not alone. Most Christians have struggled with many of these challenges. I have never met any Christian who could not benefit from deliverance coaching in these and so many other areas.
Ephesians 6:12: For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
Please know that there is no shame, hate, condemnation, or judgement here. We all have our story and are on this anointed journey together.
After two decades of deliverance training and experience, I have learned a great deal and continue to learn more. As a baby Christian in the 1990’s I first became aware of deliverance and spiritual warfare but in baby steps.
Over time, I worked with various deliverance ministries acquiring more knowledge and I began to minister to others.
Eventually, I completed further deliverance training through two other ministries and finally as a Certified Master Christian Life Coach I became keenly aware that more and more Christians I met as well as many of those I coached, were spiritually oppressed and demonically influenced and could use coaching to learn how to apply the power and authority that Jesus had given them, to cast out demons from both themselves and other believers such as children and family members.
In the very beginning it was difficult for me to fully accept or understand that many things that might seem harmless like unicorns, dream catchers, fairies, certain symbols & books, horror movies, word curses, amulets, trolls, fortune telling, hypnosis, horoscopes, gnomes, reading tea leaves, and other seemingly relatively harmless things, could open doors and even attract demonic harassment or oppression.
But as I learned that what the world says about these things and what God says are completely different and when I purged my own life of these things, I then realized how legalistic demons are and how, sadly, they will take any opportunity or open door to complete their assignments against believers.
As one who has traveled the world for nearly three decades as a professional travel writer, I have learned first hand, the hard way, about territorial spirits and other oddities that would have once sounded crazy to me, and to some degree still do, had I not experienced these things myself and been set free from deliverance.
I am a Certified Christian Master Life Coach with a ministry, not an exorcist. I teach, coach, empower, and guide other Christians through the deliverance process to assist them in discovering and exercising their own God given power and authority.
Unlike some deliverance ministers, I do not spend hours doing deliverance for someone. I coach my clients in the effective prayers and steps to door closing, breaking generational curses and soul ties, and in how to address and cast out demons themselves rather than to create a perpetual dependence on others for ministry.
I am not opposed to helping in the process but I have seen too many people become dependent on a minister to keep doing ongoing deliverance for them instead of mastering the tools themselves that God has given them to use. It is not a complicated process but there are important things to consider and implement for lasting success and FREEDOM. Like with any battle, there are rules of engagement.
Because demons are so legalistic, dishonest, and cunning, it often requires some thorough digging to determine why they have a right to stay and where they often hide. More often than not, there are numerous generational curses or word curses that need to be broken first.
At birth, we are born into generational sin that travels down the blood line for generations. For instance, if your great, great, great grandmother murdered, committed adultery, practiced witchcraft, or blasphemy etc. you are affected by that sin. And lastly, the doors demons came in through, must be closed once and for all. A thief usually picks the path of least resistance, and if allowed undeterred, will often return, even with other thieves. It is similar in the spiritual realm.
Personally, I like to use a real estate analogy. They are spiritual squatters.
Demons are created beings and spiritual enemies of war, often referred to as devils, and twenty-five times in the New Testament they are called unclean spirits. They are trespassers, liars, and deceivers. They own no title to those bought by the blood of the Lamb, but they are legalistic trespassers and squatters who will take only the real estate that they are allowed to steal, kill, and destroy.
I impart two decades of knowledge and first hand experience in identifying possible/likely open doors and how to close those doors through prayer and repentance, so that lasting and effective freedom can take place. It does little good to cast away a spirit of fear, infirmity, depression, anger, poverty, mental illness, insomnia, lust, greed, procrastination, or worry, if shortly afterwards, the door is reopened to invite it and others back. Matthew 12:43-45
You will likely need to do your own self deliverance from time to time even after I coach you through the process. Breaking free can and does happen instantly for many but sometimes it is like peeling an onion as the Holy Spirit may reveal additional things you need to pray about and address or turn away from. It’s much like cleaning a baked-on skillet.
Wiping it a few times doesn’t always remove it all. It may require extra elbow grease or even a scouring pad to remove the hard-to-reach build up. Many demons have hung around for years or generations and don’t especially like to be evicted. As an example, sometimes an object associated with the occult is in a house, an area/open door of bitterness must be dealt with, or soul ties and generational curses broken and removed first.
Even Jesus explained how certain demons can be harder than others to cast out in Mark 9:28-29: And when He had come into the house, His disciples asked Him privately, “Why could we not cast it out?” So He said to them, “This kind can come out by nothing but prayer and fasting.”
I don’t coach possessed people; I pray for them. Christians cannot be possessed as they are filled with the Holy Spirit. But we have a body, mind, spirit, and soul. Although your spirit is saved and possessed only by Jesus Christ, evil spirits and demons can influence and even torment physical bodies or one’s mind and may even take possession of body parts or the mind. (the soul is comprised of the will, mind, and emotions) This oppression can also wreck havoc and chaos in almost all areas of a Christian’s life. Health, finances, family, marriage, and ministry are often common targets.
Definition of oppression: unjust or cruel exercise of authority or power, something that oppresses especially in being unjust or excessive exercise of power, sense of being weighed down in body or mind, depression, an oppression of spirits.
As children of God, many Christians are far too often sick in their bodies and sick in their minds, and can’t seem to serve God the way they want to. More often than not, demons cause or contribute to this. Most infirmities are both physical and spiritual. Jesus tells us in John 10:10 that Satan has come to kill, steal and destroy, but that He has come to give life and life more abundantly. Jesus came to destroy the works of the devil. 1 John 3:8 and He has given us the power authority to do so. Hosea 4:6: My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.
Deliverance should be another way to truly experience our salvation, instead it has become shrouded in mystery, and sometimes warped to look like some sort of side show. This is just another ploy of the Enemy to deceive, steal, kill, and destroy. My approach to deliverance is one of calm, peace, and authority.
Being affected by curses or demons in your life does not necessarily have anything to do with your relationship with Christ, or of what kind of person you are. Jesus was constantly casting demons out of believers during His earthly ministry. This was not due to those victims being bad people or even that they had committed certain sins. It was simply part of the human condition.
People seeking deliverance are actually bringing freedom into their lives and those of all of the people they love. They break off strongholds that would have gone down into future generations. They are walking out personal healing and freedom for their family members, which will have a profound effect and legacy on them. Many times one spouse will do self deliverance which then allows for the other spouse to do it as well. Or parents will do it and then assist their children to do the same. Walking in the authority and the power that Christ gave us should not be scary, shameful, or embarrassing.
If as Christians, we follow and model Christ and we believe He and His word is the same yesterday, today, and forever, then it is 100% biblical to use our God-given power and authority over darkness. Luke 10:19 It is extremely important to remember that Jesus supplied everything we need for victory through the cross and by grace. We must never take credit for the results. It is only by God’s power we are delivered; not ever by our own.
If after reading the FAQ below, you feel that you may need to address these issues then please feel free to contact me. I would be honored to assist you in the anointed journey of breaking free and staying free so that you can step into the calling God has ordained for your life.
Q: What does deliverance coaching look like?
A: I explain deliverance and what the Bible says about it. I lead people through these steps below. Then, I answer questions and empower them on how to stay free and how to coach others.
- Identify and close the open doors.
- Break ungodly soul ties, curses, and assignments.
- Inner Healing
- Identify and repent of the ungodly activities, identify and dispose of cursed objects, repent of involvements of sin, apologizing to God for having done them. (my comprehensive list I provide is helpful)
- Cast the demons out.
Q: How can a Christian suffer from demonic oppression or harassment?
A: We are made of body, soul, and spirit. While demons cannot get into your spirit, they can surround your spirit much like a glass jar surrounds its contents. Believers can be affected by a sickness or disease just like non-believers. Often demonic influences cause these illnesses of the body or mind.
Is there a history of mental illness or a physical ailment in your family line? That is quite likely something of a spiritual or demonic nature or root. The body of Christ is experiencing oppression at a level, today, that undermines the ability of the church and individual believers to fulfill their God-given roles in casting out demons, healing the sick, and preaching the gospel so people’s lives are transformed forever and so that they can also follow the great commission.
Some Christians think that since they have the Holy Spirit, darkness cannot dwell in them. They fail to recognize that darkness can exist in a Christian’s mind, such as lust, ungodly anger, addictions, etc. Also, others may believe that every person who is saved, would immediately be healed of any and all illness and affliction. We know that this is not the case.
Paul said in Romans 7:17-25, that there was evil present in him: As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!
Q: What resources do you recommend?
A: I have a new book on deliverance coming out in early 2022. Please feel free to join my mailing list over on the right hand side of this page and I will send you a complimentary copy of my new eBook on deliverance, scheduled to release in early 2022. It is my FREE gift to you. In the meantime you will receive a FREE copy of my recent release on FREE travel, as well as other valuable tips on living FREELY and ABUNDANTLY.
I can offer many excellent referrals to free resources for deliverance. Should you prefer to have someone minister deliverance to you rather than actively do it yourself as I teach, I am happy to refer you to any of several excellent ministries I have worked with and trained under.
Q: Does demonic activity, oppression, and deliverance have anything to do with my salvation?
A: Only Christians are filled with the Holy Spirit and have the authority to cast our demons. Jesus gave His power and authority to all Believers. While many saved Christians live lives of oppression and bondage, we don’t have to have demons cast out to spend eternity with Jesus.
But it sure makes sense to live a life as clean and free as possible from any darkness, so why wouldn’t we want to spiritually ‘clean house’ like we do our own homes? Wouldn’t we hate to get to Heaven, only to have Jesus ask why we didn’t do deliverance like He commanded and modeled for all Believers to do?
Q: Wasn’t casting out of demons only done by Jesus and the disciples?
A: Look at how Matthew ends: “And Jesus came and said to them, ‘ All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations.’ ” Matthew 28:18-19. Many Christians are afraid or ignorant of the power and authority they have been given.
Jesus also sent out 70 disciples to preach the gospel and cast out demons. They returned full of joy as this was a very real and important ministry, and they came back with praise reports which tells us that even though they were on foot, there were many in their sphere of influence that needed deliverance. Luke 10:17: “And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.”
Q: How can I address the areas in my life that may be demonically influenced without giving too much power to the Enemy and losing my focus on God.
A: I have seen this done and have seen people lose balance. When fighting any battle, we must recognize our Enemy but we must always put God first and our focus must be on Jesus and what He has done for us on the cross. God has not given us a spirit of fear so we must live with discernment and wisdom but not with fear and certainly not looking for demons under every rock.
Q: Do demons cause manifestations when they leave?
A: Sometimes yes, but most often they are felt through yawns, burps, breath, or other benign sensations. Sometimes a slight heaviness or feeling is felt in the head, throat, stomach, or chest. Some people tingle a bit. I have seen odd things like people experience a fuzzy tongue sensation. Usually specific and targeted prayer will stop the sensation as demons hate God’s word and must submit to our authority once their legal rights to remain are destroyed. Often, there is no manifestation at all. Before deliverance is started, a prayer is said calling on the name of Jesus and His power and authority to prohibit any severe or unpleasant manifestations from occurring.
Q: Can’t I just tell demons to go in Jesus’ name, and be done?
A: Possibly. However, if you simply command all the demons you believe may be present to leave, you may be ignored. If somebody in a crowd called out to you “Hey you!” you might not respond, but if they called you by name you are much more likely to respond. Jesus often cast out demons by referring to them specifically by name, and He got their attention in this manner. One way to get the name is by the symptoms or problem (bad fruit) they are causing. There are other ways as well.
I realize that this can seem overwhelming and a bit daunting. A lot of it may even seem hard to believe at first. I was there, at one time. However, I encourage you to pray about this and see how the Holy Spirit leads you.
Here are just a few references in the bible to Jesus and to His followers casting out demons and spiritual darkness:
Matthew 12:28, Luke 11:20, Matthew 12:27, Mark 16:9, Matthew 9:33, Matthew 8:31, Mark 7:26, Luke 8:29, Mark 5:8, Luke 4:35, Mark 1:39, Mark 1:34, Matthew 8:16, Luke 11:14, Acts 16:16-18, Mark 9:29, Mark 16:19, Luke 10:19, Luke 9:1, John 14:12
*A note on deliverance coaching: I do not charge for deliverance coaching, as that is a ministry I have been called to, for 20 years. I will, however, accept a gift/donation for my time doing deliverance coaching, if you feel led to do so. I can also put you in touch with several deliverance ministries that I have worked with and trained under, for many years, should you prefer to work one-on-one with one of them.
I hope to hear from you soon.
SOME DELIVERANCE COACHING TESTIMONIALS BELOW. You can read more HERE:
I first met Carmel back in 2002 while taking some of her courses on writing and publishing. She became instrumental as a writing coach in helping me to get several books published and in growing my world-wide deliverance ministry for demonic harassment victims. She later assisted me in editing and promoting my deliverance books with great success all over the globe.
Carmel has become a dear friend for over 15 years now. My husband and I have even spent the holidays with her and her beautiful family. I have nothing but respect and admiration for her kindness, integrity, servant heart, and vast knowledge in deliverance, travel writing, and coaching.
Carmel is finally someone I can truly be myself with. I’ve always felt so safe telling her what’s going on. When I first met her, I was experiencing a lot of anxiety and health challenges along with low self-esteem. Carmel’s knowledge and wisdom in functional nutrition is phenomenal. After learning a lot about gut health and fermented foods (kombucha, kefir, fermented vegetables, etc.) and essential oil blends from Carmel, my health and sleep have returned, and my anxiety is gone.
Carmel coaches holistically and also taught me about biblical deliverance and showed me how to spiritually break free from negative thought patterns, anxiety, and heaviness that had previously totally consumed and often paralyzed me. Most important, perhaps, is she taught me how to close the doors permanently, so that chapter of my life can remain behind me.
Carmel has helped me to become the stronger, more capable individual that she has seen in me all along. I look forward to every coaching session with Carmel.